Version v5 released 2023-08-15. Requires firmware 3.5 or later.
Designed by an LA session bass player, Blake Riley, and me. This preset has both SVT amp channels in parallel to create massive bass tones. In order to dial in version 1.0 of this preset, we compared it to a Noble preamp and were successful in nailing that sound. What we have now in version 4.0 with the parallel SVT amp models is dramatically better than what is possible with a single Noble and pedals.
This is a package that comes with 2 presets: the main one with the amps and a few effects, and a second with effects you can copy/paste into the main preset. You will need to unzip the archive file to access the two presets.
Main preset footswitches:
The effects preset comes with several blocks. Feel free to copy them into the main preset if you’d like to experiment with some different effects. Please note the recommended locations for each block.
Rat - Before amp on path 1
Boctaver - before amp on path 2
Triangle Fuzz (muff) - before amp on path 1
Ballistic Fuzz - before amp on path 1
Timmy - before amp on path 1
Chorus - after merge block
The preset is meant to be used with a passive bass. If you have an active bass you will need to lower the level on the compressor block so that the amp block is not getting hit so hard.
Experiment with the HX Stomp input level set to instrument or line level, whichever works better for your setup. If you have your own compressor, octave, or other pedals, you may wish to disable/delete similar blocks in the main amp preset to free up DSP for other blocks from the FX preset in this bundle. If you have drive pedals I recommend putting them in the fx loop, and placing the fx loop block before the amp on path 1 in order to keep the low end clean.
- Download your products from the Helix Marketplace section of your Line 6 account page. Click on each of them to begin the download.
- Unzip the downloaded files.
- Import presets and impulse responses into HX Edit or Helix Native. Follow the user guide for both applications for how to import these assets.
- HX Edit and Helix Native will need to verify your purchase online and will post a log-in dialog. Please log in with your Line 6 account credentials. Your log in data needs to be identical to the one used for your purchase. Authorization will occur automatically.
- Helix/HX firmware version 2.7 or higher
- HX Edit software version 2.7 or higher
- Helix Native software version 1.7 or higher
Files purchased on ‘HELIX Marketplace’ are proprietary, and are intended for use solely with Line 6 Hardware, currently HELIX Floor, Helix Rack, HELIX LT, HX Stomp, HX Effects and/or POD Go. Files are not always compatible between devices, so please check the product's description as well as the Marketplace Compatibility filter before making a purchase. The files may not be compatible with third-party or non-Line 6 products.
For support questions regarding Marketplace purchases, software downloads, and general usage of Line 6 hardware and software products, please contact Line 6 customer service.
Authorizing Marketplace Presets and Impulse Responses
Marketplace products have minimum software and firmware requirements:
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.