Let's take a 49 year old, empty Orange® 4x12 cab, ripp off the tolex, grind the surface, restore it, improve it with additional bracings and
load the cab with some great speakers! The result is one of the best 4x12 cabs you will ever know!
Let's talk about the speakers:
Speaker A is a Celestion® T75 from 1987, with 1777 Kurt Mueller Cone. This version is very different to it's modern versions,
as there is less scoop and a better overall midrange as known (and often hated) from the new China-made models.
Speaker B is a Celestion® G12-80 from 1981, also with 1777 Kurt Mueller Cone. Because of it's coil, the vented big magnet
and the 1777 cone it could definitely be called the "Father" of the legendary Mesa Black Shadow MC-90s by Celestion®.
Speaker C is a US-made WGS Warehouse® Veteran 30, often desribed as the "better" V30.
Speaker D is a US-made Scumback® by Weber SA12H-75-16 from 2005, developed from guitar speaker-legend Ted Weber
for Scumback, to obtain the legendary Pulsonic-cone sound, paired with a modern charakter. Let's say: G12-H30 on testosterone!
Truly a highlight in this cab!
Loading a cabinet with different speakers is very difficult, as it can cause some weird phase issues. So we did a lot of trial&error
with several different speakers to make V2-Boa the best possible mix-cab. You need some "Überkab-Flavour"? Mix The T75 with
the Veteran30 IRs. You wanna go Mesa Roadking- or Halfback style? Take the G12-80. You would love some Orange-like G12-H30
Pulsonic mojo? Give the Scumback H75 a go.
The following microphones have been used and abused for this cab pack:
AKG® D202, AKG® C414
Shure® SM57, Shure® SM7-B
Sennheiser® MD421, Sennheiser® e906
sE Electronics® 4400 II, sE Electronics® sE8, sE Electronics® V7X
Beyerdynamic M-160 Ribbon
sE Electronics® VR1 Ribbon - Mike Amon Mod (www.mikrofonservice.at)
Royer® R121 Ribbon
Low resonance frequency : 104 Hz.
- Download your products from the Helix Marketplace section of your Line 6 account page. Click on each of them to begin the download.
- Unzip the downloaded files.
- Import presets and impulse responses into HX Edit or Helix Native. Follow the user guide for both applications for how to import these assets.
- HX Edit and Helix Native will need to verify your purchase online and will post a log-in dialog. Please log in with your Line 6 account credentials. Your log in data needs to be identical to the one used for your purchase. Authorization will occur automatically.
- Helix/HX firmware version 2.7 or higher
- HX Edit software version 2.7 or higher
- Helix Native software version 1.7 or higher
Files purchased on ‘HELIX Marketplace’ are proprietary, and are intended for use solely with Line 6 Hardware, currently HELIX Floor, Helix Rack, HELIX LT, HX Stomp, HX Effects and/or POD Go. Files are not always compatible between devices, so please check the product's description as well as the Marketplace Compatibility filter before making a purchase. The files may not be compatible with third-party or non-Line 6 products.
For support questions regarding Marketplace purchases, software downloads, and general usage of Line 6 hardware and software products, please contact Line 6 customer service.
Authorizing Marketplace Presets and Impulse Responses
Marketplace products have minimum software and firmware requirements:
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.