York Audio is proud to present these beautifully captured impulse responses of a Class-A icon along with exclusive Presets and Multi-Mic Mixes found only on the Helix Marketplace.
The tone is gorgeous with low end warmth, complex midrange, and top end clarity to make sure every note and nuance of your playing accurately translates to you and your audience. Utilizing York Audio’s signature “ear-tuned” capture technique, each IR is intentionally made from various “sweet spots” on the speaker cabinet, rather than the commonly used “varying brightness” approach. The result is more tonal options with fewer files to audition. In a speaker cabinet, the speaker is the voice, and the microphone is the ear that hears it. Combining multiple microphones allows their unique characteristics to shine and compliment one another. There are 14 Multi-Mic Mixes designed to give you a wide array of “mix ready” tones with minimal tweaking. For those who like to go deeper, there are 83 Single Mic captures with sweet spot, cap edge, and off-axis positions.
Ten presets are also included (five mono and five stereo) to get you acquainted with some of the tones you’ll find in this pack. Programmed with the HX Stomp, these basic presets of five different amp models give you ambient clean, rhythm crunch, and soaring lead snapshots with recommended IR’s to try with them. New Cab Packs should be exciting, not overwhelming, so these presets should start you in a great place with only minor adjustments (if any) to suit your own guitars and hands.
Microphones used in this Cab Pack
57 - Based on a Shure™ SM57
58 - Based on a Shure™ SM58
421 - Based on a vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
906 - Based on a Sennheiser™ e906
SM7 - Based on a Shure™ SM7b
121 - Based on a Royer™ R121
160 - Based on a Beyerdynamic™ M160
313 - Based on a Shure™ KSM313
F47 - Based on a vintage Neumann™ FET 47
This Cab Pack was created and engineered by Justin York of York Audio LLC.
- Download your products from the Helix Marketplace section of your Line 6 account page. Click on each of them to begin the download.
- Unzip the downloaded files.
- Import presets and impulse responses into HX Edit or Helix Native. Follow the user guide for both applications for how to import these assets.
- HX Edit and Helix Native will need to verify your purchase online and will post a log-in dialog. Please log in with your Line 6 account credentials. Your log in data needs to be identical to the one used for your purchase. Authorization will occur automatically.
- Helix/HX firmware version 2.7 or higher
- HX Edit software version 2.7 or higher
- Helix Native software version 1.7 or higher
Files purchased on ‘HELIX Marketplace’ are proprietary, and are intended for use solely with Line 6 Hardware, currently HELIX Floor, Helix Rack, HELIX LT, HX Stomp, HX Effects and/or POD Go. Files are not always compatible between devices, so please check the product's description as well as the Marketplace Compatibility filter before making a purchase. The files may not be compatible with third-party or non-Line 6 products.
For support questions regarding Marketplace purchases, software downloads, and general usage of Line 6 hardware and software products, please contact Line 6 customer service.
Authorizing Marketplace Presets and Impulse Responses
Marketplace products have minimum software and firmware requirements:
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.