Let’s watch a quick movie, shall we?
Chapter 1, Scene 1 -
‘Why is my bass tone with the POD Go not good?’
‘A good craftsman never blames his tools…’
Starting out in the POD Go world, this is said more often than not. It’s not because of the multitude of great gear offered, it’s just because the puzzle needs to be put together.
The Producer's Bass Pack has been designed for all players across multiple genres, completing the puzzle for you. If you are a seasoned player and want some new sonic direction or a player just starting with the POD Go and need a strong primer into tone, this pack is a great place to start. Guitar players! Jumping in to the bass pool can be daunting as well. These tones make it easy for those of you playing bass on your projects to have solid, usable, pro tones at your fingertips (feet tips?). No matter what bass you have - passive, active, fretless, pawnshop special, this pack can help.
There are 4 presets in the pack: Pop Life, Magic, Motor City, and Silk. Each preset has 3 snapshots as well that give more depth and texture to each tone as you cycle through.
Pop Life is just that. A little edgy, a little refined, and ready to be heard. It was crafted with a passive bass.
Magic is a preset with a shimmer and power all its own. It was made with the active basses in mind.
Motor City is a take on the slightly overdriven, dirty Motown Sound. This was built around a passive bass with flats (but any bass will do). Use the cabinet for a little extra vibe.
Silk is the fretless bass preset that can be used alone or with some added spice for keyboard emulation. Tony Levin was not harmed in the making of this preset.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!
Included in this pack is the popular Sweet P, which up until now was a stand alone pack. You can add this to your studio arsenal with this pack as a bonus. A new, grittier snapshot has been added.
There are NO IR’s included in this pack, however, there are lots of free ones out there that will add more texture to this pack to your liking.
- Download your products from the Helix Marketplace section of your Line 6 account page. Click on each of them to begin the download.
- Unzip the downloaded files.
- Import presets and impulse responses into HX Edit or Helix Native. Follow the user guide for both applications for how to import these assets.
- HX Edit and Helix Native will need to verify your purchase online and will post a log-in dialog. Please log in with your Line 6 account credentials. Your log in data needs to be identical to the one used for your purchase. Authorization will occur automatically.
- Helix/HX firmware version 2.7 or higher
- HX Edit software version 2.7 or higher
- Helix Native software version 1.7 or higher
Files purchased on ‘HELIX Marketplace’ are proprietary, and are intended for use solely with Line 6 Hardware, currently HELIX Floor, Helix Rack, HELIX LT, HX Stomp, HX Effects and/or POD Go. Files are not always compatible between devices, so please check the product's description as well as the Marketplace Compatibility filter before making a purchase. The files may not be compatible with third-party or non-Line 6 products.
For support questions regarding Marketplace purchases, software downloads, and general usage of Line 6 hardware and software products, please contact Line 6 customer service.
Authorizing Marketplace Presets and Impulse Responses
Marketplace products have minimum software and firmware requirements:
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.